Sunday, May 17, 2009

I made it!

This is actually my 2nd day in Brazil, I think the title of this post would have been more appropriate for yesterday. However, I wasn't able to access a computer until today.

But to reiterate, I have arrived safely in Brazil. I still only speak about 12 words in Portuguese, and most of them involve my address here. Miss Sonia is my Host-Mom and she is really nice. She speaks as much English as I speak Portuguese, but she's cool. I have a very nice room with a cool view of the other building and a little garden. Main problem is that my phone doesn't work so I'm quite isolated from the other students. It will work out though.

OMG Rio is cool. I already really like it here. It's a super busy city but has a somewhat laid back feel still. The weather is nice, the view from like everywhere is beautiful, and there's lots of places to shop! I haven't done too much of that yet because a lot of places weren't open, but ohhh tomorrow after class...there's a pair of sunglasses I saw that were literally made only for my face. Which is good because the only pair I actually own are in VA. We are already making plans for the shopping and tours we will do throughout the trip.

Some people mentioned jet skis and hand gliding, jet-skis are ok because if I fall off I can swim. But if I fall off of a hand glider I'm kind of set-up, because I don't fly. We'll see, there is a first time for everything.

1 comment:

  1. Ok I've finally figured out how to post :) yeah team!! so yes I should be posting on the most current one... but since I'm here.. yes blog the mundane. I don't twitter but I might have to follow you if you go that route... Enjoy every moment... be safe, be aware... and don't forget my PC ;) Love you

    ReplyDelete