Monday, May 18, 2009

The Most Important Meal of the Day

Breakfast!! I really miss eating Honey-Nut Cheerios or any other cereal for breakfast. Here they want you to drink coffee all the time (and are almost offended when you say you don't like it), especially for breakfast. And that's it. I just can't do it, its not enough! I didn't end up eating a real meal until 6:30. Tomorrow I am gonna stop at a shop somewhere and buy something, anything before I go to class.

Other than adjusting to a completely new eating schedule everything else here is great. The lectures are interesting even though they are way way way too long. The Portuguese classes are going well. It's amazing how being in a house where the host speaks ZERO English will teach you a language so quickly. By the end of the 4 weeks I will probably speak better Portuguese than I do Spanish. I guess my next trip will have to be somewhere that speaks only Spanish so I can bone up on that too.

So far I really love being in a foreign country. It's kind of an adrenaline rush to be so far from anything I know. I miss everyone already...BUT making new friends is cool too. The city is so alive and noisy, but different than the lively and noisy cities in the US. It's somehow beachy and urban at the same time. I plan to be at the beach at least most of the day Friday, its sooooo pretty! The view is mountains and horizon, so lovely. Some of the other students are thinking of taking surfing lessons, and I probably will too. When in Rome?

3 comments:

  1. Good morning choco. Glasd you are there and getting into the swing of things. Please dont shop too much ☺. Heading to Agusta for 2 days so stay intouch with mom. luv u much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There,
    I'm excited in that way where you are laughing and crying at the same time. I'm so happy you are on this adventure, but at the same time I'm worried, maybe a little jealous but above all grateful for this opportunity.

    I can't believe you left the plaid bucket hat its so cute and you need to be covering you head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breez-they must really be working you hard because i havent seen an update in a couple of days. Whats up with that? Back from augusta, will have to tell you about the airport-omg
    ms annette and the kids are coming down from delaware for the week-end

    ReplyDelete